Sunday, August 14, 2011

My speech from LSS

During the Leadership Summer School (LSS) this year we had a TEDx inspired session with speeches given by LSS participants and trainers. We called it "LSS Inspire", and it was truly one of the most motivating events I have ever taken part in. More about this is a later post. :)

During LSS Inspire I wrote this short speech, which I delivered during the closing ceremony.



Finding your way in life

We have almost a lifetime ahead of us. With decisions to make and roads to walk. Roads, which will lead us to the end of our lives, where, hopefully, we will have an incredible story to tell.

But how to choose the roads to walk? Personally, I don’t know where I am going. I find it hard to answer questions about where I want to be in just 5-10 years.

Its not that I don’t have dreams, there are just too many variables. Therefore, sometimes it is hard for me to figure out what way I need to go. In case you feel the same, I would like to share with you an approach I have applied to my life recently. Are you ready to hear it?

Choose the paths that lead to the best stories.

When you look back on your life from your future, what experiences will be the most memorable? Choose those.

This approach can be applied on many levels in your life, like choosing whether you should go on a trip somewhere or not. Create the stories.

My aim with this speech is to give you inspiration to create a life full of experiences, full of memories. So let me repeat: Choose the paths that lead to the best stories.

Thank you! 


1 comment:

  1. The most memorable is the bumpy road to success, so remember not to fold when it seems there is no way to make it all right. Because there always is. So take whatever chance you have, do whatever you want and create only the best stories.

    ReplyDelete